Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Not really an update

Sorry for the lack of updates. There hasn't really been anything to update about, except that my OB faxed my records from my last pregnancy to the agency in a VERY timely fashion. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my OB/GYN?

One question I've been hearing a lot is "How will you be able to give the baby up after it's born? Won't that be really hard?". Obviously I can't speak to how it will impact me emotionally, but I can tell you the mindset that I have going into surrogacy.

This baby is not mine to "give up" at all. There won't be a genetic connection whatsoever between us. As a Gestational Surrogate, the embryo that is transferred via IVF will be composed entirely of someone else's sperm and eggs. Whether that's donor for both, IP for both, or IP for one and donor for the other depends entirely on the individual couple.

Anyways, I can't give up something that was never mine to begin with. I'm being entrusted as a caretaker for someone else's baby, sort of a babysitter for 9 months. That's the mindset I'm taking into this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment