Saturday, July 27, 2013

The ball is rolling.

It's been a while since I posted anything. There weren't really any updates to speak of. When I had talked to Francesca at Modern Family Surrogacy Center at the end of last year, I was still breastfeeding my son who was, at the time, 3 months old. To start the medical screenings, you have to have been done nursing for a few months. You can't start the process while you're nursing due to the fact that breastfeeding does all sorts of fun things to your cycle and hormones. I didn't want to wean my baby until it was the right time for both of us, so I waited and enjoyed that precious time with him. In fact, in January, he and I took part in the Worldwide Hollister Nurse-In. Nurse on, baby! In February, I started my first semester of college. In March, my husband had to go out of state for a couple of months for some training (thank you Army) and he got back in May. Aaron weaned himself at the end of May/beginning of August at 8 months old.

At this time, Aaron has been off the boob for a little bit and will not be starting up again even if he wants to (he cut 6 teeth, is working on a few more, and likes to bite, which Mama don't do... he was close to getting force-weaned just for the biting if he hadn't self-weaned). Soooooo... I've submitted my application, profile, and profile pictures to Modern Family! When I talked to Francesca the other day, she was working on putting my profile together and was going to put it up as soon as it was done. YAY!

The next step is the Matching Process. Intended Parents are able to log on to Modern Family's database and look through the profiles that are listed. When someone sees my profile and goes "Oh hey, she sounds awesome!", they'll let Modern Family know. Modern Family will send me the profile of the couple in question. If, after reading their profile, I'm interested, we'll set up to talk via email, Skype, phone, whatever. We might get to meet in person. If both sides want to move forwards together in the process, we will be considered Matched and can start with various screenings, agreeing on and signing a contract, and generally moving towards transferring their future baby into my uterus.

Matching usually takes an average of 1-3 months. For now, I'm also working on getting my OB records from my last pregnancy sent to Modern Family, and working on being patient. My goal is to get from checking my email every 5 minutes to maybe every half hour? Baby steps, y'all, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment