Thursday, January 2, 2014

Legally cleared and on the calendar

Sorry I'm behind in updating, December was a crazy month, between Final Exams and the holidays (and, of course, surrogacy stuff). I hope y'all had a great holiday! I went back home with my husband and kids to spend Christmas with my family. It was really nice to be back with everyone for about a week. I'm now on break from school for the month of January until the Spring Semester starts at the beginning of February.

On to what you're really interested in, surrogacy updates! The contract portion of the process went really fast. After my attorney sent my requests back to my IP's attorney, they responded with another draft with some of my requests accepted, some changed, and some turned down. Compromise FTW. :D I was happy with how it all read so we were able to get the contract signed at both ends and had legal clearance before Christmas.

It was just in time, since I started my period on December 21. My Nurse Coordinator called in a prescription of birth control pills to a pharmacy near my parents house and I got started on those. I've learned pretty fast that unless I want to spend the morning nauseated, I have to take the BCP with a full meal, and eat my meals at regular intervals, as well as snacks.

My last BCP will be on January 5th. When my period starts (projected to be ~1/9), I'll go early morning the next day (CD - aka Cycle Day - 2) to a lab here in town to get my Progesterone and Estradiol levels checked, and that's also the day that I'll start doing Delestrogen injections.

Speaking of Delestrogen and injections, I got my box of meds today!!! It came via FedEx and was SO exciting.


The contents of the box:
-1 Sharps shuttle
-Vials of Delestrogen and PIO (Progesterone In Oil), I'll take these via Intramuscular injection
-Boxes of Endometrin (Progesterone supplements that will be administered vaginally)
-Prenatal vitamins
-Various syringes and needles for the Delestrogen and PIO injections
-Valium to take prior to the transfer
-Doxycyclene and Methylprednisolone, both to be taken orally (there are 5 each of both, I think one is to prevent infection from the transfer and one is to reduce the risk of my body rejecting the embryo).

-Various supplies for the injections, like a LOT of wipes for the site and the top of the Delestrogen and PIO bottles

If we were doing a fresh transfer, I'd also have to do Lupron injections. Some doctors still do Lupron for frozen transfers, mine does not. I'm cool with that. I'm not scared of needles but I'm also cool with not having to do any more meds and injections than necessary. :D

Like I said, I'll start Delestrogen injections on CD 2. That's projected to be 1/10. As long as my mid-cycle monitoring appointment on the 22 goes well (they have to check my hormone levels again and do an ultrasound to verify that my uterine lining is at the thickness they need it to be at that point), transfer is scheduled for January 30. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment